Christian Chapter Chat

1.23.2006

An Intimate Moment with Mary and Joseph

What touched me the most about this lesson was the humanity and irony of it all.

“… the divine Word, reduced to a few unintelligible sounds…. The Light of the World, squinting…. Hands that once sculpted mountain ranges cling to her finger.”

It makes no sense and all the sense in the world at the same time….

It is hard for me to marry the image of the child in the manger to the man on the cross…. It is harder still for me to imagine that Jesus is also God… I guess mostly because the pictures in my mind are imitations of what the world has offered me – a nativity scene or a Renaissance painting of the Lord’s supper….

It is hard to imagine that God loved us enough to come down in human form, to meet us face to human face….

Thank goodness, God is bigger than my imagination

1 Comments:

  • I began a post and then erased it. As I read back over it I thought, "She's right...it just doesn't make sense no matter how you write it!" So, I erased my thought. :D

    Great post Addie.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home