Christian Chapter Chat

1.29.2006

And Now, A Word From Our Sponsor...

Claire helped me find a passage in the bible today that I've been looking for and unable to locate. It is Matthew 18:20:

"For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I am there among them."

Am I the only one that noticed what happened here last week? Somewhere along the way, this book club went from being a commentary on the individual book chapters to being a commentary on our individual lives. We opened up about things in a pretty personal way on this last go around of chapters in case any of you didn't notice.

I think maybe we have another guest here that has joined the party...

3 Comments:

  • Well, personally, I wouldn't expect anything else because we are each professing Christians AND we have titled the blog "Christian". Also, the only way you walk deeper in your faith is when you DO make personal application from what you are reading. Or am I missing the boat here? That's how I look at things. Through discussion of scripture, with others, we see and hear what the Lord has shown them, or a viewpoint comes out enabling one to see something in a different light that would still be pleasing to God. I'm all for it! Sorry, I didn't mean to go off and preach a sermon! :D
    It's the Body of Christ coming along side and exhorting, encouraging, uplifting, sharing and bearing together. I love it!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 10:20 PM  

  • And I love it as well. It just touched me so much that it only took a week until all five of us started sharing such personal insights into our lives.

    It's like we've been friends for years instead of weeks/months.

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:21 PM  

  • That truly is the nature of Christ! Isn't it neat?! :D

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 1:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home