Christian Chapter Chat

1.25.2006

In the Fields

This fourth chapter continues the theme that God appears to, calls on, and uses for His own unknown purposes the most unlikely suspects (certainly by our standards.) It is a message of hope to each of us in the moments when we feel inadequate to the task God has called us for. I draw great comfort in my own times of distress, whether it's because I'm sure I've failed, or my words have been misunderstood or twisted, or my own selfish needs get in the way of doing exactly what I know he is asking...

Someone told me once "God requires no credentials. He doesn't call the equipped, he equips those he calls." There are days when I wish the equipment were a little more understandable, and days when I sing praise for every piece I've been given. If we are indeed involved in waging a battle with evil, then there is no better equipment than the armor of Christ.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home