Christian Chapter Chat

1.27.2006

Intense Moment at Bethlehem

There was one line that especially spoke to me in this chapter and it was in the closing prayer:

"Help me to understand that you reveal yourself not to those whose mind is a concordance but to those whose heart is a cathedral."

I have to say that I really like the way Gire writes. He does a great job of making these moments in Jesus' life "come alive" and it has allowed me to see the actual continuous life story of Jesus instead of a moment here and a moment there. I honestly am starting to feel like I am becoming a part of His world - that He is becoming so much more real to me through all of this reading and reflecting.

But, if I am guilty of one thing right now at this stage of my walk with God, it is in thinking that I can't serve Him like I should because I don't have the scriptural knowledge or the biblical background that is needed to put his life and lessons into the proper context and, thus, be the teacher for others that I should be. I am so unbelievably grateful that I have people like all of you that I can pop off a question to in a quick email and an answer will coveniently land in my "inbox" a few moments later. You are like a crash course to me, a late-night cram session, helping me to make up for all the lost time when studying the life of Christ was the LAST thing on my mind. I often wonder why I've been purposefully blessed with so many truly inspirational teachers around me at this stage in my life, but the truth is, I don't really care. I'm thirsty and God is letting me drink...and drink...and drink!

It did my heart good to hear that its okay that I have a heart that is a cathedral and that that is enough for now. Some of us are teachers - some of us are students - but all of us can find a way to serve and worship Him and together we make our worship more perfect and complete because of our differences.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

3 Comments:

  • Jules, that was lovely.... and let me serve as proof that it doesnt matter how much head knowledge you have if you arent using it to serve God... the knowledge will come, dont worry about that...

    I think its more important to have a heart knowledge anyway, and you have that in abundance... :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:35 PM  

  • Oh, Yes! As you read and get involved in a Bible study the "Book" knowledge will come. Anyway, you can't expect to be where we are when you have just begun your journey!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 3:07 PM  

  • Your open heart is what Jesus was talking about when he told his friends "unless you become like one of these little ones, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Knowledge about God is exactly that... knowledge about. Living in relationship with God is what Jesus did, what he preached, and who he was.

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home