Christian Chapter Chat

8.18.2006

Meet Gabby Gayla

As Claire and Jules know, I'm practically incabable of condensing anything. :) But by way of introduction, I'll give it my best shot.

I'm a 47 year-old wife and mother of a 17 year-old son. My husband and I will celebrate our milestone 20th anniversary on September 13. Because of God's unfailing grace in our lives, hubby and I are finally living life in tandem, which was, for many years, thought to be an impossiblity. Thankfully, He never quit pursuing either one of us.

I was 'officially' saved in 1984, but still lived life in rebellion (many long stories). After several life-altering markers in my life, two years ago this November, God's will finally overcame my stubborn will. He opened my eyes to His complete, utter and total sovereignty, and my life has not been the same. What a gracious God He is, and I'm so very grateful that he removed the blinders, causing me to believe the truth of His word rather than my own hype.

I stand firmly on what God has revealed about Himself through the Scriptures, and all things are measured by them. One of the many things I've learned over the past couple of years is that I must accept the whole character of God - He is indeed a most gracious God of love, but He is first holy, as well as just. Lessons that oftentimes don't come easy. But the sovereignty of God has come to be a most comforting doctrine for me, as I can rest in the fact that all things come from His hand, for His glory and for transforming me into the image of Christ.

Let's see, what else... We live in north Texas and we attend church here. We are home group leaders, where we teach, mentor and do life with several younger couples. Our son just started his senior year, and he's a very talented artist, so I'm sure this year will be very full. I lost my precious mother in March, and am still dealing with that. Right now, I'm in what I believe to be a season of depression. Still I find hope in the Lord. We're preparing for a vacation to California in October, which I'm looking forward to.

I'm glad to be part of this edition of CCC, and am delighted to get to know all of you. It should be a fascinating journey.

4 Comments:

  • Welcome my sweet friend! You did very well at keeping it short...I'm very impressed. :-)

    So glad to have you along this time. I'm counting on you to sprinkle the word all over the place!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 5:25 PM  

  • Gabby Gayla! I love it! And, it's a perfect fit! ;) I'm just thrilled to have you along for the ride this time, dear Friend!

    Like Jules, I'm really impressed with how well you did on keeping it short! ;) Kudos to you!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 5:59 PM  

  • Glad to meet you and I look forward to hearing more from you!

    By Blogger kpjara, at 9:43 AM  

  • welcome to the group!

    By Blogger dangermama, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home