Christian Chapter Chat

8.16.2006

Addie

Just thought I would take a minute to introduce myself to all the new ones joining our group.

My name is Addie. Im 27. I have a wonderful husband named Daniel who I love and tend to gush over. I have a blue-eyed, blonde 2 year old son named Gabe that I adore. I am also pregnant with our second baby, who we suspect is a girl. Her name will be Emma. We have 4 outside dogs and an inside cat. My family is very important to me and only one thing comes ahead of them, and thats God.

I was raised in a Christian home, Christian school and have been to church all my life. So Ive really never known any other way. Although I made my own choice to become saved when I was in 2nd grade and knew exactly what I was doing and what was going on. I rededicated my life in 7th grade. God showed me my gifts as a senior in high school. In college, I really started growing my relationship and digging deeper. This was a profound moment in my life. I am a member of a Methodist church, but dont always agree with everything they do. My husband and I are the youth leaders at our church and we both enjoy this opportunity very much. (We would be thankful for prayers for God to bring some regular girls into our group as well). I am pretty open to alot of ideas on God and such, but they must be grounded in Scripture for me to actually believe them. Im working on learning to love like God, that is my biggest struggle.

Ive pretty much always been the "good girl", although I very much am attracted to the punk lifestyle.... tattoos, piercings, heavy make-up, black clothes, etc....

I live in Mississippi and its hot right now, but Im not complaining b/c Im very cold natured.

I am only 4'7" and have OCD, so my life isnt all perfect.... but dude, its pretty close. :)

Not sure what else to write, if you want to know anything else, feel free to ask - Im not easily offended.

*oh yeah, I usually do my posts in green, so its easy to tell who is posting....

10 Comments:

  • You are officially the shortest adult I know!

    Nice to meet you.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 7:19 AM  

  • You know what, Addie? All this time I've known you and I never knew you attended a Methodist church. How funny is that?

    We're so glad you're back for Round 2! You tell Emma to hang in there and we'll do all we can to get this book out of the way before she comes roaring into the world.

    Love you, girl!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:18 AM  

  • kpjara - I think Im the shortest adult most people know... "just another way that God made me special" - ha ha

    Jules, maybe I should have put that its my fault that we are rushing through the book - oh well, Im just glad to be a part!

    By Blogger dangermama, at 8:26 AM  

  • It is not your "FAULT" that we're finishing this book in mid-November. Do you really think anyone is going to have time to chit-chat between Thanksgiving and Christmas? We needed to be done no matter what so don't worry your pretty blonde head about it. :-)

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:49 AM  

  • yeah, Jules, youre right - I should say that everyone can thank God for the timeline on this book b/c He is the one that gave me this baby and decided when she should deliver (that sounds so Biblical, or is it just me?)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 12:09 PM  

  • Nope. It does sound rather biblical! But that's okay..that IS why we're here!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 12:44 PM  

  • Addie, welcome back! (Even if you do post in green, my favorite color ;) I didn't realize your church was Meth. either. Yet, I don't know what I really thought anyway.

    Addie is one of our peace keepers in the group. She has a great ability to state things in an uncontroversial way!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 3:01 PM  

  • sorry, Claire, its my favorite color too... I had no idea I "stole" it from you.... :)

    and thanks for the compliment, that was sweet

    By Blogger dangermama, at 9:50 AM  

  • Green is actually MY favorite color too...but in the words of my pastor's 4 y.o., "God created all the colors and they're all beautiful!"

    though personally the jury is still our (for me at least) on that sort of brownish-orangish pumkpinish color?).

    By Blogger kpjara, at 10:33 AM  

  • Hi Addie - I look forward to being in the group this time around!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home