Christian Chapter Chat

8.17.2006

HeyJules (Julie)

Let's see now...

I'm 46, never married, no kids. (Sounds negative but it's really not!) I have two Pugs that I share my life with right now named Gracie and Petee. They ARE my babies so be prepared to hear pug stories from time to time.

I was raised up in the Lutheran church but never made the whole jump to actually having a relationship with God until March of 2005. It was then that I set my pride and strong will down and gave my life over to God. (And when I say strong will I mean strong will!)

I now attend church at North Heartland Community Church in Kansas City, Missouri. It's an inter-denominational "seeker-oriented" church and it has become my permanent church home. These people have now become my "other" family.

I now own and live in the house I grew up in - been here since I was 8. It's got a huge backyard and lots of trees and, despite my hatred for mowing, consider it my little piece of heaven on earth.

I should also probably tell the new people that I was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy (a form of heart disease that leads to congestive heart failure) but I am responding very well to medication and have a very good prognosis (at this point) for living a full and long life. As my cardiologist put it, "It will probably only knock off those really crappy years at the end." Works for me! I do appreciate any and all prayers concerning my health - that I be strong enough and well enough to do what God wishes for me to complete while I am here.

I love to write ALMOST as much as I love God. It is my passion and (I think) my greatest gift from Him. I try to use my writing skills to inspire and comfort others and feel drawn closer to God through that. Although I have deep faith in the Bible and the basic tenants of the Christian religion I am also a free thinker and a big question asker. I take nothing for granted and believe that everything should be explored so that truth in all forms be found and brought to light.

I usually post in blue - probably to remind me that my life is NOT this color any more. God has filled my life to overflowing and my joy (most days) knows no bounds.

IN ADDITION...

I am the administrator for this blog (as is Claire "Pilotmom") so if you notice that someone added your name to the title of your "get to know me" post I'm the one that's guilty! Or, if you ever have trouble posting something in the future or see a spam comment that needs to be deleted, let one of the two of us know and we'll clean things up. :-)

8 Comments:

  • I found CJ from you and I don't remember how I found you but I was directed to you and started reading/lurking in March or April. You have this way of pushing me...towards light and that is a gift. Thank you.

    By Blogger kpjara, at 8:43 AM  

  • Well you push me right back so I guess that makes us even!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:50 AM  

  • so glad that you started this thing, Jules, and that you are such a huge part of the group (even if you cheated and read the book, twice no-less, before everyone else).... :)

    By Blogger dangermama, at 12:07 PM  

  • Alright, Addie...you pick the next book and then tell me you're not just a little teensy bit afraid that everyone will hate it and think you're crazy for picking it.

    I was just taking out a little of Kim's "fire insurance." heee heee

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 12:43 PM  

  • Ah, Friend, here we begin again, yes?! I can hardly wait!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 2:53 PM  

  • Claire! Another week and we'll be deep in thoughts of all things Godly. (Not that we aren't anyway...well, you know what I mean!)

    I can't wait, either!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 10:36 AM  

  • Heya, puggy mama! Thanks for helping me make the decsion to jump in!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 PM  

  • Yo, sistah! Glad you could be a part of this this time around!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home