Christian Chapter Chat

8.17.2006

Pilot Mom's (Claire) short (?) bio....

Hello everyone! It's good to be back to CCC and it's great to have new members signed on and ready to go!

Hmmm....where do I begin with my short bio? Let's see. Well, I grew up in a Christian home with a sister 9 years older than I and a down syndrome brother, four years younger. (That means I'm 52 right now.) My brother was killed by another autistic/retarded young man at work. In fact, he died 18 years ago today after being in a coma since the accident July 23. But my sister is still very much alive and she and her husband are in full time ministry with ACCTS.

I rebelled against authority so I didn't come to know the Lord as Savior until I was 18 years old and in college in Mississippi (the same college which Addie attended many years later). That was Nov. 6, 1972. One of my roommates led me to the Lord. I transferred colleges and met my husband to be. The Lord gave me the privilege of sharing Christ with him and he came to see his need for Christ. We were married August 16, 1975. (We had a fabulous time yesterday celebrating.) Our honeymoon was a week spent at Spring Canyon.

We were blessed with one son, who is 24 and a pilot (hence, pilotmom) in the Air Force. He is flying the C-130 , the big HUGE planes which are the workhorse of the Air Force. By the time we became parents the Lord had seen fit to place Pilot Dad and myself in Utah, surrounded by loving and sincere Mormons. I think it safe to say that we both thought we were spiritually "mature" when we moved to Utah but God saw fit to grow us. And grow us He did! Even though I stay home and care for my 90 year old Mom (90 on August 20th) and Pilot Dad has a job we consider ourselves full time missionaries among the Mormon population. What a privilege it has been.

I LOVE God's Word. To me there is nothing better. It strengthens me, encourages me, disciplines me, teaches me, all the time moving me closer and deeper in my relationship with my Lord and Savior. It (the Bible) is the standard by which everything else in life is measured by.

Being involved in the first go round of Christian Chapter Chat enabled me to grow to know Jules, Addie and CJ on a much deeper level. I love the discussions which can arise out of our comments.

We currently attend , well, we have attended ever since we first visited this church the Sunday before Thanksgiving in 1980. It's a Bible church whose preacher is very gifted in sharing what God's Word has to say. He is extremely deep in his preaching which I thrive on.

I guess that's all for now. If you have further questions, feel free to ask. I don't mind in the least!

7 Comments:

  • I can't wait to hear all about the big, wonderful anniversary celebration! Get over to Clairebug and get blogging, woman!

    It's rather odd to see you writing in red but you know what? I think it rather suits you!

    One more week to go and we'll all be blogging to the new book. I really can't wait! What a joy this is going to be. :-)

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 9:25 PM  

  • I just got my new book but because I wanted to wait until Aug 28 to start reading, I just decided I'd better get Gire's book that you did previously. And that I can start tonight :-) It'll be fun to read the archives as I go.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 11:12 PM  

  • Andrea, what a great idea! I know you will enjoy it!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:15 AM  

  • I second that Andrea - great idea....

    so glad that you are back Claire, and with so much going on this week for you

    By Blogger dangermama, at 9:46 AM  

  • Happy belated anniversary! and thank you for sharing!

    By Blogger kpjara, at 10:30 AM  

  • I have no further questions! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

  • Of course not, Gayla! You already know everything about me! ;)

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home