Christian Chapter Chat

8.30.2006

Harmony

Trying to do a little "catch up" work here, so please bear with me....

I have a hard time imagining Eden.

Oh, not the flora and fauna part. That's easy. What I have a hard time with is the absence of the result of sin. Let me give you an example...

If I was without clothing (not a great mental image, but bear with me) in the sunlight all day, you can bet there'd be a sunburn in places I really don't want to mention. I don't think Adam and Eve had that problem before the fall. I have a hard time believing there were such things as non-biting mosquitoes, ticks, annoying gnats, bees that didn't sting, poison ivy that wasn't poison, thorns that didn't stick in your skin...the list goes on and on.

If Eden was a place of "freedom without restraint and happiness without limits" as James says and the Bible leads us to believe, all of creation lived in total harmony with the rest. The fear of death was not an issue. Sickness was non-existent. Sadness and depression were never heard of, and I have to wonder if tears would have ever been shed. Each new day was a new adventure - a new point of discovery.

Yes, that's hard for me to imagine.

Wow, I wish I could've been there.

1 Comments:

  • We will finally get to experience it first hand when we arrive in heaven! Glory Be! :)

    To me, it is mind boggling to think they experienced life without sin, fellowshiping with God freely and they chose to deliberately disobey...I can't imagine the pull the enemy exerted.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home