Christian Chapter Chat

8.30.2006

Harmony

I was a little iffy on the first chapter of the book, but I loved this one....

I love how James brings up perfection and a utopian society.... and how the world will never get it right, no matter how good it looks, no matter how hard they try - it doesnt even come close to what once was and what will one day be....

the world offers so much b/c it knows it cant compete with what we all are desiring (a relationship with God), so it puts ideas into our heads of how we need this and we want that, and that is so cool.... and alot of times we fall for this deception.... but like a child's toy, we are trying to cram square pegs into a round hole - it just doesnt fit, no matter how much we really want it to

and then when we do finally get to Heaven and experience that perfection, that completion... wow, no wonder we need new Heavenly bodies - these earthly ones just wouldnt be able to take it....

alot of people get offended over my idea of death and heaven.... mostly b/c they are looking forward to heaven because they want to see people who have gone on before them..... personally, I dont think thats important or necessary - I never expect to see my dad again - why? Because when I get to heaven, there is only one person there that I will be wanting to see and spend time with, and nothing or noone is worth that time, but Him.... sounds harsh, I guess thats why most people get offended.... but once I come face to face with God/Jesus, what else will I be needing or wanting... perfection will be finally accomplished

6 Comments:

  • Addie, I've had that same thought about heaven, too, but then I remember what a big fan Jesus was of big, long banquet tables and week long feasts. If I get up there and haven't met all my favorite blogging buddies by then I fully expect we'll all be sitting at a table together, wine flowing, food smelling delicious and Jesus saying, "Now open your books to page 22..."

    Yeah, baby!!!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 1:38 PM  

  • yeah, thats a good image as well, and one that I wouldnt mind seeing either - I guess I should have said that Jesus will be the first person Ill be looking for

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:00 PM  

  • Addie, even though I know what you mean it still cracked me up. Can you see someone getting to heaven and being told "Sorry, Jesus is in the Bahamas this weekend for a little R&R. We can hook you up on Monday when He gets back."

    hahaha Don't know why that made me think of that from what you said but it did and I thought I'd share it! :-)

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 4:15 PM  

  • ok, Jules, now Im laughing... "Jesus in the Bahamas"... ha ha, that would be a funny song... maybe that should be your next work of fiction

    By Blogger dangermama, at 4:44 PM  

  • Perhaps it will! :-)

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 5:02 PM  

  • I'm with you Addie! Oh, I know I will see others there but Christ is the first face I expect to see!

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home