Christian Chapter Chat

6.05.2006

Another Intimate Moment with Peter

This is my favorite lesson that Gire does b/c for all his faults, I think Gire nails this one on the head. And it probably has alot to do with the fact that I relate to Peter so much. We both share a characteristic my husband calls "passion." Doesnt matter what we do, we do it whole-heartedly - whether it be wrong or right. So I always tend to be a bit defensive of Peter b/c I understand where he is coming from.

I think its important to note that Satan asked to test Peter - so even Satan could see that Peter was worth testing - that his faith was that strong. And I dont know about you, but I couldnt stand up to Satan's testing - I fail on a normal basis. Also, Peter wasnt the only one who denied. In the upper room, all the disciples made the same promise to Jesus that Peter did - that they would never deny Him, but where are they now? Only Peter and John have followed thus far.

I also love that Jesus knew Peter was going to fail, but He told him anyway that after he had failed to come back to Him. Sometimes we have to be broken of all of ourselves before we can serve Jesus with our whole hearts, and I think thats what was happening to Peter.

3 Comments:

  • "Sometimes we have to be broken of all of ourselves before we can serve Jesus with our whole hearts"

    I can definitely relate to that.

    Is Blogger messing with anyone else besides me today?

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 1:20 PM  

  • yes, it is very aggravating....

    By Blogger dangermama, at 2:20 PM  

  • oh yes, blogger is being *awful.*

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home