Christian Chapter Chat

4.28.2006

An Instructive Moment About Death

how interesting that our last discussion starting over Lazarus should be helped along by the story of another Lazarus - the very one that has seen the things we were discussion, even though it is just a parable...

Gire brought out a good point that the rich man knew Lazarus' name, he wasnt just a random beggar that he barely knew.... which makes me think that Jesus was implying that it doesnt take us being "nice" on just a large scale, but rather a more personal one.... we all know people that are hurting, what are we doing to alleviate that?

For me, this was a good lesson b/c alot of times I get caught up in the big picture - how am I supposed to help a bunch of people I dont know - isnt that dangerous anyway.... I think I just need to stay in my comfort zone..... and with that, I also forget about all the people I know personally that are hurting and lonely... how long is our prayer list at church - how many of those people are on it every week.... how many people are not on that list but are still hurting? And how often am I missing out on an opportunity to serve?

More often than I care to admit, I am the rich man. Caring more for myself than the ones sitting right outside my door...

*on a sidenote: I was really wanting to send Micah's family (the baby who just passed away) something, but have absolutely no idea what to send as I dont know them personally, even though Ive fallen in love with them.... do you have any ideas, or should I just not send anything?

2 Comments:

  • A personal note is always a good thing. You could explain how know them, that been praying and that the prayers don't stop just because their baby died. (Just a thought)

    By Blogger Claire Joy, at 10:48 AM  

  • I agree with CJ. Send them a personal note sharing how much they have come to mean to you, how you've been praying, and how you are so sorry about little Micah. I guarantee it will be much appreciated. Just be sure to do SOMETHING...because the Lord has obviously laid it on your heart, so not to would be disobedient.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home