Christian Chapter Chat

4.26.2006

Incredible Moment with Lazarus

This is one of those times when Gire and I part ways on interpretation. While I do believe Jesus knew the gist of all that was going on, I've never been convinced he was sure of all the details. I think he trusted God to fill in the blanks, and this was one of those times. He knew Lazarus was dead and he was going to Bethany to work a mighty miracle... I'm not sure he knew how mighty it would have to be... to raise someone four days dead.

Everyone else he had raised had been fresh. Now he was going to deal with rotting tissue, brain damage, collapsed blood vessels. No wonder he was troubled. But the fact that he courageously gave it over to God to handle all those "little" details, is for me, a greater miracle. Yes, he was the Son of God. But that same Son later asked that the cup of suffering might pass him by, and that request was not granted. How did he know God would grant this one? I don't believe he knew for sure. But as he had told so many of the people he had healed "your faith has made you well", HIS faith now worked on the same principle. God granted the request. Lazarus awoke.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home