Christian Chapter Chat

10.07.2006

Garden

It's the garden that helps me view the cross with some perspective. I've grown up knowing the story of the cross and it's easy to lose sight of just how much Jesus suffered....after all, Jesus knew this wouldn't be the end....and He is God... But the agony of the garden always reminds me of just how much Jesus was facing. So many times the anticipation of something is almost worse than the actual event.

And yet, Jesus went through with it..when He didn't have to. The only thing that compelled Him was obedience to His Father and the knowledge that each of us were completely doomed without His sacrifice. I can hardly believe that Jesus didn't just come to the conclusion that we were not worth all of this.

3 Comments:

  • "I can hardly believe that Jesus didn't just come to the conclusion that we were not worth all of this."

    Isn't that humbling? To me, it just makes me throw myself at Jos feet all over again and cry tears of thankfulness.

    By Blogger Pilot Mom, at 12:30 AM  

  • It's our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. 'Tears of thankfulness' is an awesome way to celebrate this weekend.

    By Blogger Andrea, at 6:23 PM  

  • I totally agree. I still can't get over that He did this for us. Unbelievable!

    By Blogger HeyJules, at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home